PARENT/GUARDIANS PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO REPORT STUDENT ABSENCE, TARDY AND EARLY DISMISSALS:
Student Absence, Tardy And Early Dismissal Form Reservoir High School
If you plan to pick up your student without prior notification to the front office, you will need to come into the building. Once you are admitted into the building please proceed to the attendance window to sign your student out. Per HCPSS procedure all Parents, Guardians, and Emergency contacts must have their ID ready for identity verification. Even if HCPSS staff is familiar with the Parents, Guardians, and Emergency contacts entering the building.Please be prepared to show ID every time you enter the building, this includes multiple times in a day. Once verified we will then call the student down for dismissal.
Please know that all adjustments and/or changes can take up to 48 hours.
Make sure to review the HCPSS Policy 9010 , which will address questions or concerns related to attendance.
- All absence, tardy, and early dismissal notes can be submitted through the RHS Attendance Google Form.
- All absence and/or tardy notes must be submitted within five-days of absence or tardy.
- If the note is received after the five-day grace period, the absence will remain unexcused.
- If a note is not received, the absence will be documented as Truant (unexcused).
Late Arrival Procedures
- Students who arrive late to school will enter through the main entrance.(All other entrances including gym doors will be locked at the start of the school day). The student will proceed to the attendance window and see the attendance secretary, to check-in.
- All students will be marked unexcused until a tardy note is received.
- Students will be provided with a pass to report to class.
Early Dismissal requests are reviewed first thing in the morning and once in the afternoon. When a parent requests an Early Dismissal electronically (Google Form/Email) the student is given a pass to leave class at the requested time. The student will then report to the attendance window and sign out to meet parents outside in front of the building.
- Students will be given a pass to leave their class after receipt of RHS Attendance Google Form requesting the dismissal and will sign out at the attendance window.
- The parent/guardian does not need to come into the building when RHS Attendance Google Form is submitted in advance.
- Please allow ample time for your dismissal request to be processed.
- Parents are welcome to sign their student out at the attendance window if it is a last minute appointment.
If the RHS Attendance Google Form or Email was not sent in advance the parent needs to come in to show ID and sign the student out.
*Please ask your student to check in at the attendance window if they return.
What is considered an excused absence?
A lawful absence is an excused absence for any portion of the day under the following conditions:
- Illness of the student
- Death in the immediate family
- Court summons
- Hazardous weather conditions (as determined by the Superintendent)
- State emergency (as determined by the Governor)
- Lack of authorized transportation (school system transportation)
- Observance of a religious holiday - Religious Obligation: Request for Absence Form
The Howard County Public School System can grant students Local Discretionary Days (up to 3) upon request and approval. The Local Discretionary Form for such absences to be marked lawful/excused should be submitted at least one week in advance to the attendance secretary.
Local Discretionary Absence Request/Approval Form
Examples of such absences that are considered unexcused on a school day include, but are not limited to:
- Visits to post-secondary institutions
- Participation in college orientation programs
- Scheduled interviews with prospective employers.
- Special family events, including vacations/trips/travel
Parents/Guardians may access this Local Discretionary Form as needed. Students are allotted up to a maxim of three (3) local discretionary days per school year.
Any attendance (Tardy, Early Dismissal, Absence) questions or concerns can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.