The Reservoir Scholars Program promotes advanced academic opportunities for our highest level learners, challenging them to maximize their intellectual potential and enhance their high school learning experiences.
This information contains:
1. Reservoir Scholars Program Goals and Requirements.
2. Student Statement of Interest Form.
- Complete the Statement of Interest Form with Student and Parent Signatures and return it to his/her counselor by DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED.
- Complete the requirements of the program by the time of Graduation.
Goals of the Reservoir Scholars Program:
- To create a culture that embraces challenging academic opportunities, strong academic achievement, scholarly research, and other enrichment activities.
- To increase the number of students participating in Advanced Placement (AP) Courses/Exams and Advanced Research (GT) Programs.
- To prepare students for a competitive college admissions and scholarship process.
- To prepare students for College and Career Readiness.
Reservoir Scholar Requirements:
- Take and successfully complete FIVE or more AP courses and exams with a score of 3 or better in a minimum of THREE of the disciplines listed below. In addition to completing courses/exams in at least three of the different disciplines listed below, students may take more than one course/exam in any of these disciplines or another discipline.
- Computer Science
- Fine Arts
- Social Studies
- World Languages
- Take and successfully complete Independent Research GT and/or Intern/Mentor GT as an option for one/two of the five required AP courses, including the portfolio presentation component at the end of the course(s).
- Maintain at least a weighted 3.4 GPA.
- Meet all state and local requirements for graduation.
Recognition for Reservoir Scholar Achievement:
- Students will be recognized at the Underclass and Senior Evenings of Excellence.
- Students will receive special notation in the Graduation Program.
- Students will receive a special honor cord to wear at Graduation.
- Students may include this special recognition on college applications.
Advanced Placement Courses Currently Offered at Reservoir High School:
- English 11 (AP English Language and Composition)
- English 12 (AP English Literature and Composition)
- World History – AP
- United States History – AP
- Government and Politics (AP United States Government and Politics)
- Comparative Government and Politics – AP
- European History – AP
- Human Geography – AP
- Psychology – AP
- Microeconomics/Macroeconomics – AP
- Statistics – AP
- Calculus AB – AP
- Calculus C/Multivariate Calculus – AP
- Biology – AP
- Chemistry – AP
- Physics 1 – AP
- Physics 2 – AP
- Physics C: Mechanics – AP
- Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism – AP
- Environmental Science – AP
- Computer Science A – AP (AP Computer Science)
- Principles of Computer Science- AP
- Chinese IV – AP Chinese Language and Culture
- Italian IV – AP Italian Language and Culture
- Latin IV – AP
- French V – AP French Language and Culture
- Spanish V – AP Spanish Language
- Spanish V – AP Spanish Literature
- Art III: Portfolio Development – AP
- Art IV: Personal Directions in Art Studio – AP
- Art History – AP
- Music Theory II – AP
- Photography II: Portfolio Development – AP
- Photography III: Personal Directions in Photography – AP
Please contact Mr. Kevin Miller, Reservoir Scholars Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or your school counselor with any questions.