Student Services Office

The Reservoir School Counseling Team is pleased to welcome two new counselors to our Student Services Team. One position fills Mr. White’s vacancy and the other position is an additional counselor to meet the needs of our growing population.

Meredith Bauer comes to us from Burleigh Manor Middle School.  Prior to Burleigh Manor, Meredith spent three years as a counselor at Hammond High School and has also worked at Long Reach High School - where she began her career in Howard County.  Meredith is passionate about working with high school students and is excited to be back at the high school level.  Ellen Mauser worked as a school counselor at Centennial High School for the last nine years and is thrilled to find herself at Reservoir ready to experience a different school environment. 

Both Ellen and Meredith bring fresh ideas and a renewed energy to the department and we are elated to have them as part of our team.  Since we added a 7th counselor, we needed to shuffle our caseloads.  To minimize impact to seniors, all counselors are keeping their senior part of the alphabet. Ms. Mauser and Ms. Bauer are splitting Mr. Whites 12th graders.  Students and parents are encouraged to reach out to counselors throughout the summer with any questions.


Meet our School Counselors

To Schedule an Appointment with your Counselor, Click on their Name. 

To Email your Counselor, click on their Email Address. 

Counselor Name


Grade Range

Last Name Range

Grade Range

Last Name Range

Linda Packman


A - B


A - B

Stephanie Thurmon


C - Ff


C – Gl

Brian Drnec


Fg – Ja


Gm – K

Meredith Bauer


Jb – Mb


So – T

Lindsay Beil


Mc – Pav


L – O

Jill Altshuler


Paw – Sop


P – Sm

Ellen Mauser


Soq - Z


V - Z


Academic Information:  

HCPSS Graduation Requirements:  Policy 8030 for HCPSS outlines all of the graduation requirements required by Howard County Public Schools.

Catalog of Approved High School Courses:  The Catalog of Approved Courses includes general information about HCPSS academics and programs AND a description of all courses offered in Howard County.  If you have any questions about courses or programs, this is a great resource.

Jump Start Program:  Interested in getting a “jump start” on college courses?  Visit this website and learn about all the dual credit options available through HCPSS and HCC.

Frequently Asked Questions:

MVA Learner's Permit:   The MVA is no longer requiring schools to verify attendance for students wanting to take the learner's permit test. 

Work Permit:  Work permits are required for all minors under the age of 18 who work in Maryland.  Work permits are completed online and DO NOT require verification from the school.

Post High School Planning Information:

Transcript Request Process


CURRENT RHS STUDENTS needing transcripts sent to colleges and universities, please use this fillable PDF form.  Once completed, this form should be emailed to

CURRENT RHS STUDENTS needing a single transcript for scholarship purposes, dual enrollment, internships, personal use (unofficial transcripts) or any other non-college related request, please use this Current Student Transcript Form

POST-GRADUATE TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS for RHS students who graduated within the past 5 years (Class of 2016-2020), please use this Graduate Student Transcript Form

POST-GRADUATE TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS for RHS students who graduated more than 5 years ago, please email to request a copy of your transcript.
For any transcript related questions, please email


Withdraw and Enrollment Information

To enroll your student please go to and follow the instructions to register.  Either Ms. Merwitz or Mrs. Mandile will contact you once you have completed the online registration forms. 
To withdraw your student please email either Ms. Mandile ( or Ms. Merwitz.(