Reservoir High School Scholars
The Reservoir Scholars Program promotes advanced academic opportunities for our highest level learners, challenging them to maximize their intellectual potential and enhance their high school learning experiences.
This information contains:
1. Reservoir Scholars Program Goals and Requirements.
- Complete the Statement of Interest Form with Student and Parent Signatures and return it to his/her counselor by DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED.
- Complete the requirements of the program by the time of Graduation.
Goals of the Reservoir Scholars Program:
- To create a culture that embraces challenging academic opportunities, strong academic achievement, scholarly research, and other enrichment activities.
- To increase the number of students participating in Advanced Placement (AP) Courses/Exams and Advanced Research (GT) Programs.
- To prepare students for a competitive college admissions and scholarship process.
- To prepare students for College and Career Readiness.
Reservoir Scholar Requirements:
- Take and successfully complete FIVE or more AP courses and exams with a score of 3 or better in a minimum of THREE of the disciplines listed below. In addition to completing courses/exams in at least three of the different disciplines listed below, students may take more than one course/exam in any of these disciplines or another discipline.
- Computer Science
- Fine Arts
- Social Studies
- World Languages
- Take and successfully complete Independent Research GT and/or Intern/Mentor GT as an option for one/two of the five required AP courses, including the portfolio presentation component at the end of the course(s).
- Maintain at least a weighted 3.4 GPA.
- Meet all state and local requirements for graduation.
Recognition for Reservoir Scholar Achievement:
- Students will be recognized at the Underclass and Senior Evenings of Excellence.
- Students will receive special notation in the Graduation Program.
- Students will receive a special honor cord to wear at Graduation.
- Students may include this special recognition on college applications.
Advanced Placement Courses Currently Offered at Reservoir High School:
- English 11 (AP English Language and Composition)
- English 12 (AP English Literature and Composition)
- World History – AP
- United States History – AP
- Government and Politics (AP United States Government and Politics)
- Comparative Government and Politics – AP
- European History – AP
- Human Geography – AP
- Psychology – AP
- Microeconomics/Macroeconomics – AP
- Statistics – AP
- Calculus AB – AP
- Calculus C/Multivariate Calculus – AP
- Biology – AP
- Chemistry – AP
- Physics 1 – AP
- Physics 2 – AP
- Physics C: Mechanics – AP
- Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism – AP
- Environmental Science – AP
- Computer Science A – AP (AP Computer Science)
- Principles of Computer Science- AP
- Chinese IV – AP Chinese Language and Culture
- Italian IV – AP Italian Language and Culture
- Latin IV – AP
- French V – AP French Language and Culture
- Spanish V – AP Spanish Language
- Spanish V – AP Spanish Literature
- Art III: Portfolio Development – AP
- Art IV: Personal Directions in Art Studio – AP
- Art History – AP
- Music Theory II – AP
- Photography II: Portfolio Development – AP
- Photography III: Personal Directions in Photography – AP
Please contact Ms. PJ Harrison, Reservoir Scholars Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or your school counselor with any questions.