Here at Reservoir, we offer our students an excellent coaching staff who have garnered "State Coach of the Year" and Hall of Fame honors. Our coaches believe in the student centered education based approach to Athletics. Our Student Athletes have gone on to pursue their academic and athletic careers at all levels from community college to Division 1 institutions.
Fall Sports Season Information-Paperwork
The following information will be helpful for any student who plans to try out for, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Boys and Girls Soccer, Volleyball, and Allied Soccer.
- Students must be academically eligible. They must have a 2.0 GPA for the 4th quarter marking period. They are permitted to have one failing grade but still must have a 2.0 GPA.
- All incoming freshmen are automatically eligible.
- All students must be insured.
- They must have the following documents on file by August 9th:
- Current Physical dated after 4/1/2017. A physical is needed yearly.
- Copy of Birth Certificate - if a student has participated in a sport before, this document is already on file.
- Proof of Residency - each season. Utility bill (BGE for example) is best option.
- Athletic Participation - required each sports season.
- Concussion Testing - once completed, this is good for 2 years.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form
Fall Sports Season Information- Concussion Testing
Our Athletic Trainer, Ms. Jessica Simeone, will be conducting concussion testing on the following dates:.
- MONDAY, JUNE 12th and TUESDAY, JUNE 13th
- 11:30, 12:00, 12:30 (Room 300; 303 if needed)
INCOMING FRESHMEN ATHLETES:
- MONDAY, AUGUST 7th and TUESDAY, AUGUST 8TH
- 6:00 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:00 PM (Room 300; 303 if needed)
Athletic Rules of Conduct
At all Howard County athletic events, we strive to provide a pleasant and safe environment for all spectators and participants. We ask fans to refrain from:
- Intimidating or harassing the players, coaches, officials, or fans
- Using profanity
- Throwing objects
- Entering the playing area
- Loitering in the hallways or on the grounds
- Those who fail to abide by the Rules of Conduct will be asked to leave the contest, and could result in a trespass letter banning the spectator from future athletic events at the school.
Admission is a privilege to observe a contest, not a license to display insensitive or offensive behavior. Enjoy the event! Be a fan, not a fanatic!
HCPSS Athletic Participation Resources
Student athletic policy agreement form for new student athletes.Sports Concussion Testing Program and Release of Information
Agreement for families that acknowledge HCPSS may administer pre-concussion baseline testing and post-concussion testing after a sports-related injury.HCPSS Athletics Concussion Information Sheet
Overview of concussion signs and symptoms that can occur in student athletes.Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form
Physician forms for future student athletes to fill out prior to sport seasons.Medication Procedure Information
Protocols for administration of student medication during school hours along with a medication administration history form for physicians.Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information
Acknowledgement statement and guidelines for identifying and responding to a cardiac arrest scenario.