Registration for the 2023-2024 school year has begun! There are some important pieces of information we want to share with students and families. Please read below for detailed information about the process.
All students will meet individually with their counselor to review their course requests and get answers to individual questions between January 9th and February 15th.
The date/time of all scheduling meets are included on this spreadsheet.
- Students need to be logged into their HCPSS account in order to access the spreadsheet.
- There are tabs for each counselor so be sure to find your counselor first and then find your name.
- Students will be expected to come to their counselor’s office at their assigned time.
- We are NOT sending passes as reminders so please add this date and time to your calendar!
All students must enter SEVEN course requests and FOUR alternate courses into Synergy by January 17th
- Regardless of plans to take classes at HCC or to explore work release, every student must enter requests for 7 credits and a minimum of 4 alternate courses.
- While students must have course requests entered by January 17th , changes can be made during your scheduled appointment time. The priority is to lock your courses by January 17th and then be on time for your individual appointment with your counselor.
- Follow these easy directions on how to enter course requests.
- Look in the 2023-2024 HCPSS Course Catalog for course descriptions and more information.
To learn what classes are options for students click on the grade level below:
It is critical that students and their families are aware of the graduation requirements that pertain to each graduating class. Please refer to the 2023-2024 Catalog of Approved High School Courses for graduation requirements and information. Students can view their remaining graduation requirements by logging into their Synergy account.
Jumpstart (dual enrollment through HCC)
- The Howard Community College Admissions and Advising counselor, Nate Roberts, will be at RHS monthly to meet with students. Have your student request a meeting with Nate via their High School counselor if they are interested in JumpStart for the 23-24 school year.
ARL Career Academies (rising 11th graders)
- Any student interested in participating in an ARL Career Academy must request the academy course by February 9, 2023.
- Selection into ARL is a random assignment, and not based on GPA (few course prerequisites apply…see course catalog for more details)
Changing Teacher Recommendations
Parents/guardians, if you have concerns or disagree with any of the course recommendations, please contact your child’s teacher.
If you are still not satisfied with the recommendation, parents/guardians can complete the Course Placement Review Form online through their HCPSS Connect (parent) account to make the change.
Please follow the instructions in the Course Placement Review Form Entry Guide to assist you with completing this form.
Videos and Resources to help with the process:
Thank you for reading through this message and following the steps in the registration process.