Student Services Information

Wed, 07/08/2020 - 5:54am

Introducing our NEW Reservoir School Counseling Web Page!

For complete School Counseling information you can now go to the Student Services Office page on our website;



The Reservoir School Counseling Team is pleased to welcome two new counselors to our Student Services Team. One position fills Mr. White’s vacancy and the other position is an additional counselor to meet the needs of our growing population.

Meredith Bauer comes to us from Burleigh Manor Middle School.  Prior to Burleigh Manor, Meredith spent three years as a counselor at Hammond High School and has also worked at Long Reach High School - where she began her career in Howard County.  Meredith is passionate about working with high school students and is excited to be back at the high school level.  Ellen Mauser worked as a school counselor at Centennial High School for the last nine years and  is thrilled to find herself at Reservoir ready to experience a different school environment. 

Both Ellen and Meredith bring fresh ideas and a renewed energy to the department and we are elated to have them as part of our team.  Since we added a 7th counselor, we needed to shuffle our caseloads.  To minimize impact to seniors, all counselors are keeping their senior part of the alphabet. Ms. Mauser and Ms. Bauer are splitting Mr. Whites 12th graders.  Students and parents are encouraged to reach out to counselors throughout the summer with any questions.


Who is my counselor for 2020-2021?

Mrs. Packman (          A-B         Grades 9-11         A-B       Grade 12  
Mrs. Thurmon (      C-Fe       Grades 9-11         C-Gl     Grade 12 
Mr. Drnec  (                       Fi-Ja       Grades 9-11         Gm-K  Grade 12  
Ms. Bauer (                  Ja-Me     Grades 9-11         So-T    Grade 12  
Mrs. Beil (                         Mc-Pat   Grades 9-11         L-O     Grade 12
Ms. Altshuler (                  Pay-Sop    Grades 9-11         P-Sm  Grade 12
Mrs. Mauser  (                 Sp-Z       Grades 9-11         V-Z      Grade 12

How do I get support from my counselor in the summer?

While School Counselors do not work full time in the summer we do work additional summer days throughout.  To contact us, please send us an email and we will respond.

What if my child needs immediate help depression, suicidal thoughts, or other serious mental health issues, please contact:

Grassroots Crisis Intervention at 410-531-6677
The Maryland Crisis Hotline: Dial 211 and then choose option 1
The Crisis Text Line: Text 741741 and a trained counselor will respond.
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255

 How do I request a transcript?

Transcripts can be requested by completing the following google form.
For specific questions please contact Ms. Merwitz (
Unofficial transcripts and report cards can also be accessed through parent’s synergy account.  Go to your synergy account and then click on academic information.  All report cards and the most current transcript is found here.

Who do I contact to register as a new student at Reservoir?

Registrations are a multistep process, including: online registration and contacting Emily Mandile ( or Deborah Merwitz (

Who do I contact if we are moving to another school and need to withdrawal?

During the school closure, any parent wishing to withdraw their student because they are moving out of the area must email either Emily Mandile ( or Deborah Merwitz ( with the following information:

Student’s Name, Date of Birth, Grade, Date of withdrawal, Name and address of school they will be attending

The registrars will generate a withdrawal packet to be sent to the new school. 

How do I get a work permit?

Students visit the Maryland Department of Labor and Licensing Website.