Student Services Summer Message and Resources

Student Services will be open Monday-Thursday from 9am-2pm during the summer.  School Counselors and Registrars are 11-month employees and will respond to emails when in the office.  We ask that families please be patient.  Please see below for frequently requested information.    

Who is my school counselor for the 2022-2023 school year?
*The following counselors are on leave.  Please contact Jill Altshuler at with questions.
Ms. Ramona Potter        A-Br
*Ms. Stephanie Thurmon     Bs-Fe        
*Mr. Brian Drnec        Fg-Ja        
Ms. Meredith Bauer        Jb-Mb
Ms. Lindsay Beil        Mc-Pav 
Ms. Jill Altshuler        Paw-Sop
Ms. Ellen Mauser        Sor-Z  

Visit our Student Services Canvas Page or visit the RHS School website to find information.  We update these pages regularly.

Senior To Do List-  Counselors have created a senior to do list to ensure you are prepared for graduation and post high school.

What if my child needs help with depression, suicidal thoughts, or other mental health concerns?

Grassroots Crisis Intervention at 410-531-6677
The Maryland Crisis Hotline: Dial 211 and then choose option 1
The Crisis Text Line: Text 741741 and a trained counselor will respond.
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255

How does my child get their schedule?      HCPSS will release schedules in August (exact date TBD). 

How can my child request a schedule change?    Families can request a course change by completing this Schedule Change Request Form. Completing this form does not guarantee that your request will be made to your 22-23 schedule.

How do I request a transcript?   Transcripts can be requested HERE.  Please note this link is for scholarships/internships, single college requests, dual enrollment, and recent graduates.  An official transcript release form for the Class of 2023 will be available in the fall.  Also, unofficial transcripts will be available to all students in Synergy under the report cards tab.   

Who do I contact to register for enrollment at Reservoir High School?   Registrations are a multistep process, including online registration. Please visit to begin the registration process.

For graduation requirements and the HCPSS Course Catalog, visit Course Catalogs – HCPSS.    Reservoir High School, Ms. Merwitz ( will reach out to families who complete the online registration to finalize the enrollment process.  

How can I make up a final exam?  If you miss a final exam, you can schedule a make-up Monday-Thursday between 9:00am and 12:00pm during the summer.  Please email to schedule.

How do I register for a class at HCC?    Visit HCPSS Jump Start Page for information on enrolling at HCC, registering for classes, taking the placement test, and more.  This worksheet provides you with step-by-step instructions.

How do I apply for a work permit?   Work permits are required for minors under the age of 18 who work in Maryland.  Work permits are completed online and DO NOT require verification from the school. 

How do I get my learner’s permit form completed?  Please print the DL-300A Learner's Permit Verification of School Attendance Form and complete Section A, including signatures from both applicant and parent/guardian. Bring the form to the office to be completed.  More information can be found on the MVA website- Learner's Permit.

How do I find my child's report card and transcript?   Students and parents have access to report cards by visiting and then synergy.  Once in synergy, go to more options and click on report cards.  A copy of ALL hcpss report cards is housed here as well as an updated unofficial transcript.







Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - 11:15am